Friday 16 November 2012

Eternal damnation


Since the day I decided to give my life to Jesus, one thing has been ringing in my head, 'Jesus is coming soon' coupled with the fact that I could die any day.

It scares me to know that one day life as I know it would end and I would be judged for my words - the one I said and didn't say, my actions, the work of my hands - in short my whole life.

I am insanely afraid of going to hell. You see I have heard about this place of eternal suffering and punishment. This place full of worms, maggot, fire and trouble. The idea of everlasting torment terrifies me.

I have also heard about Heaven and I want to go there. I really really want to go there but living like Jesus is hard, very hard.

I try to be like Jesus but I find that like Paul 'what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing'.

I know that to be the person God wants me to be, I have to forget about pleasing man and let my main aim be pleasing God.

I pray that when He shall come with trumpet sound, may I then in Him be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment....Don't be a stranger