Monday 26 November 2012

Beautiful Imperfection



Before I go into this post I just want to take out time to appreciate all of you reading my blog. It means so much to me. When I started writing I never thought anyone would read it, it took me so long to gather the courage to share my blog with the world. And I'm glad that at  a few people are reading it and it has inspired at least one person. I appreciate your feedback too. Enough of that, let me go into the post.

Today was one of those days - you know the ones, where your clothes just don't look right, and your hair is doing its own thing - yes, today was one of those days. I was looking in the mirror asking myself what more can I do to look better. I added an extra layer of powder, changed my blouse, and lipstick; still, I just wasn't looking good.

It then occurred to me that I just wasn't content with myself. I'd be thinking maybe just maybe if I was slimmer I'd be perfect, and I tried - still trying - but its so difficult. What I lost was so little, it was frustrating; and its partly because I'm such a foodie - yes, I love me some good food. Lol!!!

I just realised that I sell myself short. I want to be lighter - just a bit nothing too drastic, I want a less round face, smaller cheeks and lips, bigger eyes, and a more pointed nose. I'd be telling myself if only you were a bit different then you'd be beautiful.

Somewhere in a part of my mind I believed that I'll be happier being different. Just a little lighter, a little slimmer, a bit taller, a slimmer face, a more pointed nose, a higher cheekbone, thinner lips, the list goes on.

Yes I still want to lose weight and I'm still trying but its not about beauty anymore because I know that being slimmer is not what's going to make me more beautiful. No it starts with me accepting that I am who I am not some airbrushed model on the cover of a magazine and I can never be anyone else.



I've worked through some of my insecurities and I'm still working on the others. I know I'll never be perfect but I'm beautifully imperfect and that's okay by me

2 comments:

  1. God bless you Tomi for this blog.. We can't change our selves.. We are all prefect in the eyes of our God.. I keep on telling you that you are beautiful.. YES!! You are beautiful.. I believe God has a purpose for creating us the way we are. Have a blessed day..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Eyak I'm pleased that you like it. Thanks!!! I appreciate it.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment....Don't be a stranger