Wednesday 31 October 2012

Show me your friends

You can tell a lot about a man by the company he keeps.

                  My friend and I were discussing earlier in the day and she said, 'Tomi I dunno who I am anymore'; it saddened me. I started asking her questions about her friends, and she began to realise that her friends were impacting her behaviour and her manner of thinking more than she knew. You see it started subtly, nothing big just little changes. She did not realise the big influence they were having on her.

Don't get me wrong now, I'm not saying you have to cut yourself off your non - Christian friends; all I'm saying is when you realise that the relationship is affecting your spiritual life then its better to loosen the ties.We are to love everyone - Christian or not - but we shouldn't let them have a negative influence on us.


It is your duty as a Christian to show people the path to righteousness and that is really what we should be doing with unbelievers and not forming deep ties of friendship.




Proverbs 13:20 "Spend time with the wise and you will be wise..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment....Don't be a stranger