Friday 19 October 2012

My Ungrateful Heart

I look at my life and I don't see the good, all I see is the bad, the shortcomings. I was hearing the story of one of friends and realised that I had been ungrateful to God.

As a human being I have my wants and desires, the more I have the more I want and I made my every desire known to God. I forgot to express my gratitude for the things I already had and kept asking for more.

Instead of me saying thanks to God for the things I have I just keep asking for me. I forgot that my life was a gift and not my right. I forgot to say thanks for my life because I did not have the riches of the world. I forgot to say thanks for the fact that I had ears to hear because I wasn't hearing the things I wanted to hear. I forgot to say thanks for the food on my table. I forgot to say thanks for the air I breathe. I forget to say thanks for water.  I forgot to say thanks for my house.

I choose to make Thanksgiving my lifestyle. I choose to to remember to say thanks because thanksgiving will always be on my lips.

If you have ever felt like this why not take the today to remember the things God has done for you.

I'd like you guys to share something, anything you have to be grateful for; no matter how small, bizarre or inconsequential.

4 comments:

  1. Great piece! I can totally relate to this, we need to be grateful for what He has done, for what we have and stop focusing on what you think He's not doing! 'His ways are not our ways'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank God for the gift of salvation, because it is by is grace that am saved. I thank him for the numerous gifts that he has given to me. I also thank him for his love towards my family and his ever abiding grace. I also want thank him for always been there for me, even at times when I don't feel spiritually upright he still proves himself merciful and gracious. I can keep going on and on. Great is his faithfulness! Tomi, May God increase his grace and favour upon your life, may he uphold you and strenghten you and may his spirit never leave you. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Ore. I appreciate your comment. I'm almost in tears. God bless you my dear

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment....Don't be a stranger